We enjoy looking after people, that’s what great people do.
The Scarlet like to do things differently so we don’t have a formal ‘Concierge/Porter’.
All of our team ‘host’ and the most diverse and interesting role is our Day Host offering an exceptional customer experience to our guests, whilst supporting the Food & Beverage Team and other areas within the hotel.
This is a perfect opportunity to get to know a hotel from all the possible prospects by being a key part of the day to day operation.
Key responsibilities are:
- Front facing role in delivering the Scarlet signature ‘home from home’ experience, ensuring our guests feel well looked after as though in a friend’s home
- Concierge-style service by interacting with guests, ensuring they have everything they need and are making the most of the Scarlet and the local area
- Looking after the Food and Beverage service around the Scarlet - serving tea, coffee, drinks and food - with a smile!
- Porter style duties such as helping with luggage and handling deliveries
- Supporting the Front of House Team with check-ins and check-outs
- Supporting the Housekeeping Team with clearing trays, moving laundry and maybe making the occasional bed!
You will have a natural passion for hospitality with a warm, friendly manner, be able to positively respond to customer feedback and complete tasks within a specified time. The shift pattern for this role is 2 days on/2 days off shift and working hours are 7am to 8pm.
Excellent spoken and written English along with numeracy and the ability to use a computer.
What we offer
As an independent Cornish business, we value each person who works as part of our talented team. We offer a range of benefits and perks, that reflect our commitment to making this an amazing place to work.
o £11.00 per hour plus tips
o A permanent contract/seasonal contract
o 28 days holiday per year (29 after 1 year)
o A team based and highly supportive work family
o Benefits – pension, holiday and health cover
o Our own discount scheme – offering a range of our services and hotel stays
o Long service scheme
o Hospitality Reward and discount partnership
o Learning opportunities and career progression possibilities
o Team accommodation is available on-site
If you want to be part of something special then why not come join us today…