We enjoy looking after people, that’s what great people do.
As a creative host you will ensure we deliver a creative, new and energised approach to our retail, art, crafting workshops and creative events across both our hotels. You will help to grow and develop our online retail platform which also includes our gift voucher offering, as well as help curating art, and developing our creative events.
Key responsibilities include:
Support the Creative and Gallery Manager in developing our long-term strategies in the following areas:
- Creative events i.e. Theatre, seasonal fairs, music and festive activities
- Our Art and reputation for showcasing art
- Crafting workshops
- Our Create retail online and in store
- Ensure all the above four areas are innovative, relevant, exciting and ultimately revenue generating
- Collaborate with our marketing team to ensure you get the resource and support needed to help you achieve objectives.
- Assist in the delivery of craft events and engage with our operations team to ensure all elements of the day are successfully delivered.
- Perform administrative requirements including Art and Stock inventory
- Assist in the management of all retail products and display across the hotels including retail pricing
The role is about giving exceptional customer service and developing working relationships with local artists and crafts people.
You will assist with all things creative. You will have a love for art and adult learning through our craft workshops, art tours and events. The retail product you will assist in curating will sit alongside our brand ethos and include locally sourced and sustainable products.
About you: Highly motivated, the team will feel engaged and valued through your commitment to a shared success. You will be able to work on your own initiative, enjoying the freedom this role provides with support internally and externally when required. Previous experience in a retail /gallery environment is desirable along with a creative, curious and brave outlook which will be visible in all you do. If you have a genuine desire to be part of something exciting and new then your journey with us should be a great experience.
What we offer
As an independent Cornish business, we value each person who works as part of our talented team. We offer a range of benefits and perks, that reflect our commitment to making this an amazing place to work.
o £11.00 per hour
o A permanent contract of 32 hours per week
o A team based and highly supportive work family
o Benefits – pension, holiday and health cover
o Our own discount scheme – offering a range of our services and hotel stays
o Long service scheme
o Hospitality Reward and discount partnership
o Learning opportunities and career progression possibilities
o Team accommodation is available on-site
If you want to be part of something special then why not come join us today….